Monday, June 18, 2007

An angel delivered me to the doors of life.



My life was miserable. I had lost my husband and was soon to lose my children. I felt helpless. I was a clinical drug addict. My nightstand beside my bed held Xanax, Oxycontin, Lortabs, Somas, and some other kinds of sleeping pills. All prescribed to me by medical doctors.


At one time I had my own business. A beautiful family. Everything a person would want. But my life had turned into a living nightmare. I didn’t eat food. I took drugs. I didn’t clean my home. I shot up drugs. I didn’t love my family. I didn’t love myself. I was a wreck.


I made several reaches for help. Doors were slammed in my face. I was told I would always take medications. I could not come off all the meds without dying. Doctors told me this. Several rehabs turned me down, I was too addicted. Society turned its back on my screams and cries for help. What’s the use, I’m doomed to live this life of misery. I overdosed on October 14th of 2004. My 6 year old daughter found me with no breath, no heart beat. She called for help.
Somehow, I made it through the night. I refused emergency services but agreed to go to the hospital with my father. Everything was such a blurr. The pain and anguish I saw in my father’s eyes is something no parent should feel.

I was the true example of what clinical drugs can do to a human being. I was walking death. Just a body with no mind or spirit left. Narconon® accepted me. An angel delivered me to the doors of life.


I went through the program and I stayed to train. I am now a living, loving, productive human being. Narconon gave me the tools to remain clean, the tools to pick myself up and to keep myself out of danger.


My parents have a daughter. My sisters have a sister. My children have a mother. My future grandchildren have a grandmother, someone they can be proud of. Not a drug addict.
Narconon gave me back my will. My God did not condemn me to a life of drugs. I chose to do drugs.


My biggest win, is I’m helping in the war against drugs. I know within every cell of my existence that we can save lives from drug addiction. I have purpose.

Patricia Bean-Meyer
Narconon Arrowhead Graduate, February 18, 2005
Story written May 2007



If you know someone who needs help with drug or alcohol addiction or would like more information about the Narconon Arrowhead Field Referral program please call 1-800-468-6933 and ask for Desiree Cardoso or DannaSue Lafitte.
Together, we are saving lives, reuniting families, and making stronger communities through effective drug and alcohol rehabilitation. http://www.stopaddiction.com/



©2007 Narconon of Oklahoma, Inc. All rights reserved.
NARCONON and the Narconon logo are registered trademarks and service marks owned by Association for Better Living and Education International and are used with its permission.