Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Today I'm living the life I always wanted.



My life was in shambles at the age of 28 and had been for years. I thought I was living "the life" in my swank uptown loft apartment with my fly-by night friends. I was on top of the world and no one could touch me. The cocaine and ecstasy I was selling to my so called friends was the best you could buy and I was the leader of the pack or so I thought. I had lots of drugs and lots of money and people always wanted to be close to me. I was the most popular woman in town.

In February of 2005 my world came crashing down. I was almost sent away for a long time. Luckily for me I really wasn’t the big dealer I thought I was and all of a sudden everything made perfect sense. I was just another pawn in the drug game trapped inside my own addiction to the drugs. I was not invincible nor was I living "the life".


I had pushed my family and real friends away for the fly-by night ones who were now gone. The drugs and money were gone and I was lost completely. I moved out of my swank loft apartment and put all my belonging into storage and moved in with my best friend and her husband. I was still using but not as often. I had it a little more together. I couldn’t seem to get stable though, something wasn’t right. I couldn’t hold a real job or be the mother to my children that I wanted so desperately to be. I was in a state of confusion and had no idea where my life was headed. There were a lot of ups and downs in my everyday life just trying to manage. I was scared to death all the time that I was going to die because someone was going to kill me. Finally, I asked for help. That’s when my family and I found Narconon®.


I arrived in Oklahoma two days before Thanksgiving Day and started on my new life. The staff at Narconon Arrowhead made me feel very comfortable and safe and at that moment I knew I was in the right place. I started getting better as I went through the different parts of the program. I began to see where I had gone wrong in my life and started taking responsibility for my own actions. Narconon gave me all the tools I needed to get my life back in order and be the mother and the individual I wanted and needed to be. I can resolve issues now that before seemed impossible barriers to overcome. I am aware of my own actions and how my actions affect everything and everyone around me. I can make decisions based on rational thoughts and ideas. I am a whole person again where before I was just a hologram projecting myself on the world.


Today, I am happy, productive, and living "the life" I always wanted. I am helping others and their families, who may suffer from an addiction to get the help they need. My own family and friends are once again a major part of my life and my children have their mother back. I am working for Narconon now with a purpose in life. That purpose is to save lives and make the world a better place for our future generations to grow up in. I now understand the true meaning of happiness. I can handle anything that comes my way. All the money in the world isn’t worth the love of your family and friends. To have love is the greatest gift one can have. I am thankful to Narconon for helping me get the love back in my heart and the addiction out of my life.


Melissa Hallmark
Graduated February 17, 2006
Success story written June 14, 2007



If you know someone who needs help with drug or alcohol addiction or would like more information about the Narconon Arrowhead Field Referral program please call 1-800-468-6933 and ask for Desiree Cardoso or DannaSue Lafitte.
Together, we are saving lives, reuniting families, and making stronger communities through effective drug and alcohol rehabilitation. http://www.stopaddiction.com/
©2007 Narconon of Oklahoma, Inc. All rights reserved. NARCONON and the Narconon logo are registered trademarks and service marks owned by Association for Better Living and Education International and are used with its permission.